The Postgraduate Course in Clinical Periodontology at the Catholic University of Portugal (Viseu) consists of theoretical, clinical-simulated and clinical component, in a tutored care environment, involving from basic to advanced cases.
The various topics are organised into 10 modules with a total of 250 contact hours and will be taught by a multidisciplinary team of lecturers from the Catholic University and invited international lecturers with recognised clinical experience.
This Postgraduate Course also includes specialists in areas of diagnostic innovation in Periodontology, dedicated to strategies for the characterization of the microbiome and biomarkers of inflammatory response.
The Postgraduate Course in Clinical Periodontology aims to promote the integration of scientific evidence in daily clinical practice, providing students with critical analysis skills, theoretical knowledge and reasoning for decision making in diagnosis, planning and execution of cases.
- Head and neck and periodontal anatomy;
- Anesthesia and applied pharmacology;
- Classification of Periodontal Diseases;
- Techniques of flap and suture;
- Basic and Advanced Periodontal Treatment;
- Preparation for care and surgical act;
- Diagnostic aids in Periodontology;
- Diagnosis and treatment plan periodontal;
- Gingivectomy / Osteotomy / Gingivoplasty / Osteoplasty;
- Increasing the clinical crown;
- Drug treatment;
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery (techniques) for root regrowth and tissue gain;
- Graft connective;
- Gingival free graft;
- Regenerative Surgery (biomaterials);
- Endodontic surgery;
- Periodontology and related areas;
- Periodontology and systemic diseases;
- Diagnosis and surgical planning in oral implantology;
- Basic and advanced bone grafts (maxillary sinus and block graft);
- Basic surgical techniques in Oral Implantology;
- Peri-implantitis and treatments;
- Molecular diagnosis;
- Diagnosis with imaging techniques.
1st of August to 15th Semptember 2023